Since seeing our naturopath, we’ve discovered that we need to incorporate more protein into our diets. Trying to squeeze in 6 AM yoga doesn’t leave much time to prepare a morning smoothie, so we’ve started to make protein balls with Vega to get our daily dose in on the go.
Here is our super easy 5 minute recipe to make protein balls.
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 tsp – tbsp of cinnamon (adjust based on preference)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp – tbsp vanilla extract (adjust based on preference)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (give or take depending if the mixture sticks
- 1/2 cup whey or green vanilla protein (note, the green vanilla protein provides a more chalky taste)
- 1/3 cup Chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Throw all your ingredients (except the shredded coconut and almond milk) into a mixing bowl and start mixing
- Slowly add in the almond milk and keep adding in slowly until mixture forms a paste
- Let sit for 15 mins
- we prefer doing this as it gives time for the Chia seeds and oats to absorb some of the moisture
- Grab half a small handful and turn in your palms to make them into balls
- Roll ball in shredded coconut
- Put on a flat dish and store in fridge until you’re ready to enjoy!
Depending on the size you’re making, we usually get around 22-26 balls with this recipe.
- Instead of raisins, you can add dark chocolate chips
- You can add a sweetener like agave or maple syrup, however we’ve kept it out to limit sugar intake and find the raisins do the trick
- We add in drops of vitamin D as our naturopath has us taking it everyday
Have tips on making protein balls? Share them below!
xo, late & lovely