With Stampede kicking off today, we wanted to share some tips to surviving the next 10 days. If you’re planning to go out a few times, your feet, your wallet and your liver (amongst other things), will be hurting.
- Invest in good pair of cowboy boots: Our first stampede, we invested in a great pair of boots from Alberta Boot, and to this day it has been one of the best footwear decisions we have ever made. They’ll ring you at a few hundred dollars but these boots were definitely made for walkin’, two steppin’ and stompin’ so no regrets.
- Arrive to bars early-ish: Bars get full much earlier than normal, and they use this opportunity to milk you for all you’re worth. Many of the big bars sell a “Chute Pass” for $100 so that you don’t have to wait in their line that on purpose moves incredibly SLOW. A couple of late arrivals adds up quickly so try to get there before 6 p.m.
- Stock up on Caesars, Gatorade & Tylenol: There is nothing worse than waking up hungover when the party’s just getting started. We all have our hangover cures so whatever makes you feel better should be nearby for 10 days.
- Pre-drink where possible: In addition to the hefty cover charges, the drinks are just as pricey when you get in. Drinking all
day andnight on Stampede grounds will cost you your life savings at $10 a beer. Try to get a few drinks in before you head out if you’re trying to save a couple of bucks.
- Bring survival kit essentials: Inevitably, you will be in the sun and in your cowboy boots for a good portion of the 10 days so being prepared is key so you never have to say no to a party or event. We usually keep these items on us at all times:
- Bandaids for any potential blisters or rubbing from our boots
- Sunscreen because burns are not cute
- Powder to control the shine
- Gum to control beer breath
xo, late & lovely